ORISSA PANCHAYAT SAMITI (REMOVAL OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE-CHAIRMAN FROM OFFICE) RULES, 19861. Community Development & Rural Reconstruction Department
Community Development & Rural Reconstruction Department
*S.R.O. No. 1055/1986—Whereas, the draft of the Orissa Panchayat Samiti (Removal of Chairman and Vice-Chairman from Office) Rules, 1986, was published as required by sub-section (1) of Section 57 of the Orissa Panchayat Samiti Act, 1959 (Orissa Act 7 of 1960) in the extraordinary issue No. 685 of the Orissa Gazette, dated the 3rd June 1986 as S.R.O. No. 486/ 86 under the notification of the Government of Orissa in the Community Development & Rural Reconstruction Department No. 5816—LC-II-27/86- L.C., dated the 29th May 1986, inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be affected thereby;
And whereas, no objection or suggestion has been received by the State Government in respect of the said draft.
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 57 of the said Act, the State Government do hereby make the following rules, namely :—
- (1) These Rules may be called the Orissa Panchayat Samiti (Removal of Chairman and Vice-Chairman from Office) Rules, 1986.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires—
- “Act” means the Orissa Panchayat Samiti Act, 1959
- “Section” means a Section of the Act
- Words and expression used herein but not defined shall have the same meaning as respectively assigned to them in the Act.
- An order under sub-section (1) of Section 40-A shall be published in the Orissa Gazette.
- The Sub-Divisional Officer shall be authority who shall publish the resolution passed under sub-section (1) of Section 46-B.
- (1) The Sub-Divisional Officer shall publish the resolution under the sub-section (1) of Section 46-B in the Notice Board of his Office. The Chairman or Vice-Chairman of the Samiti, as the case may be, shall be deemed to have vacated Office, with effect from the date of such publication.
- Without prejudice to the manner of publication provided in sub-rule (1) the
Subdivisional Officer shall forward copies of the resolution referred to in the said sub-rule to the Government Press, for publication in the Orissa Gazette, to the Government in the Community Development & Rural Reconstruction Department, to the Collector of the district and to the Samiti concerned.
- The Orissa Panchayat Samiti and Zilla Parishad (Removal of Chairman and Vice-Chairman and Office) Rules, 1962 are hereby repealed :
Provided that anything done or any action taken under the rules, so repealed shall be deemed to have been done or taken under these rules.